Thank you for having your photo shoot at Snap Foto Studio. We look forward to creating a memorable experience for you and your clients. Snap Foto staff is here to make your visit as enjoyable as possible so please let us know if there is anything you need prior to, or during your event.
Please read the following studio rental information and rules:
1. Use of Snap Foto Studio is at your own risk. Snap Foto (Snap YYC Inc.) is not responsible in any way (including monetary compensation) for any injury and/or damage/loss of property you incur during your visit, including any potential damage to your equipment by Snap Foto staff.
2. 100% payment of the studio rental fee is required to secure the date for your event. Any extras purchased during your visit will be paid at the venue prior to the end of your event.
3. Your guests may begin to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your shoot. We may have our General Admission leading up to, during, and following your event so please be respectful of the time.
4. Lights and other rentals are available on site. Please visit the rentals section of our website for a comprehensive list.
5. You must clear the studio by the end of your rental period. For example, if you have rented the space for 2 hours you must set up, shoot, and tear down/pack up within the 2 hour rental period. If you need extra time, we may be able to extend your booking at the same rate. We often have back to back bookings so we ask that you are mindful of this and clear the studio on time. If you go overtime without arranging a time extension with a Snap Foto Club employee, you will be charged a $50.00 fee. This fee does not extend your booking. If you remain in the studio after being asked to clear you may incur additional fees beyond the $50.00 overtime penalty. This additional fee as at Snap Foto Club’s discretion.
6. We ask that you keep the space as tidy as possible during your event. If your event leaves the venue in excessive disarray you will be charged a minimum $100.00 + GST cleaning fee.
7. If your guests cause intentional or excessive damage to the venue (including but not limited to, equipment, photo displays, floors, brick walls, and washrooms) you will be charged the full cost to repair the damage and any other reasonable fees.
8. Cancellation of your booking is acceptable up to 48 hours before your event. 50% of the studio rental fee will be returned to you by Interac e-Transfer. However, if you pre-purchased any add-ons (lights, paper) you will receive a refund equal to those amounts. Any pre-purchased special décor that we procure on your behalf is non-refundable.
9. In the event Snap Foto (Snap YYC Inc.) cancels your booking, the limit of liability is restricted to reimbursement of all monies paid to Snap Foto at the time of the cancellation.
10. Any derogatory, aggressive, intimidating, or inappropriate behaviour towards Snap Foto team members or other guests will not be tolerated at any time. You will be asked to leave and forfeit your session fees.
11. Do not run, jump over barriers, engage in horseplay, or other disruptive, destructive and/or dangerous behaviours. You will be asked to leave and forfeit your session fees.
12. Do not block stairwells, entrance ways, or other easements throughout the studio.
13. Snap Foto is not responsible for your personal belongings. You may leave them in our closet at your own risk.
14. Snap Foto reserves the right to request ID to verify booking identity. Please have this with you when you arrive.
15. If you arrive late you will not be given a time extension. No refunds or price adjustments will be given for arriving late or missing your time slot. We are located in the downtown core so please allow for adequate time to find parking.
16. The Snap Foto studio is on the 2nd floor of a heritage building, on Stephen Avenue. If you are bringing gear or props with you, please bear in mind that you will have to carry it up a flight of stairs. Load in for larger productions is typically easiest before 11AM. Don’t want to lug your gear? Check out our rentals.
17. Please respect the displays, props, and furniture. Some displays are fragile and are not made to be touched. If you are unsure if you can touch a display, please do not hesitate to ask. Damage to a display, prop, or furniture will result in you being asked to leave the premises and/or to provide financial compensation for the damage.
18. The Snap Foto studio is always changing. We reserve the right to change our walls, backgrounds, props, and furniture without notice, for reasons including but not limited to: seasonal changes, sudden strokes of creativity, or because we get bored of them. If you have your eye set on something specific it is best to send us a message to make sure it will be available during your booking. In addition, Snap Foto may conduct occasional maintenance on experiences. During the maintenance period an experience may not be available.
19. Snap Foto studio welcomes videographers, however, please be advised that the studio is not soundproof. Good micing techniques will minimize most if not all audio problems, however, we cannot make any guarantees about the sound level in the space.
20. The Snap Foto studio gets a lot of natural light through its numerous skylights and large windows. In most cases this is a photographers dream, however, In some cases we may not be able to block harsh sunlight from entering the photography space.
21. Pets are typically not permitted during sessions. Please contact us to inquire about shoots with animals and pets.
22. No outside alcohol is permitted in the studio at any time.
23. The “Full studio” rental fee includes all props, furniture, backdrops, and all ceiling mounted photography lights. It does not include seamless paper or any other gear outlined in the gear rental section.
Studio “Nova & Kitty” rental fee includes all props, furniture, backdrops, and all ceiling mounted photography lights. It does not include seamless paper or any other gear outlined in the gear rental section. It also does not include the use of studio Dino.
The “Studio Nova” rental fee includes all props, furniture, backdrops, and all ceiling mounted photography lights in its respective space. It does not include seamless paper or any other gear outlined in the gear rental section. It also does not include any props, furniture, or backdrops from the other studio areas (Dino and Kitty).
The “Studio Kitty” rental fee includes all props, furniture, backdrops, and all ceiling mounted photography lights in its respective space. It does not include seamless paper or any other gear outlined in the gear rental section. It also does not include any props, furniture, or backdrops from the other studio areas (Dino and Nova).
The “Studio Dino” rental fee includes some loose pieces of furniture like chairs and stools. It does not include seamless paper, ceiling mounted photography lights, or any other gear outlined in the gear rental section. It also does not include any props, furniture, or backdrops from the other studio areas (Kitty and Nova).
24. The Snap Foto studio is highly customizable and constantly changing, for this reason the studios may not be exactly as pictured. The Snap Foto staff is happy to configure the space to your liking prior to your start time, however, if you have not toured the studio prior to your booking you will not be able to instruct us how you want the space configured. We recommend a free tour and a short meet and greet sometime before your booking, We understand that it may not always be possible to tour the studio prior to your booking, in these cases we are happy to help with studio setup during your session start time.
25. Snap Foto staff are there to supervise use of the studio. Staff are not there to assist your photoshoot, dress your models, bring you props/furniture, teach you how to use gear, or set up your shoot. Brief tutorials will be provided for any rented gear. If you would like tutorials regarding studio lighting techniques, camera tips, or scene staging, please ask a staff member for details and rates for workshops or 1 on 1 training. If you need an assistant for your photoshoot please inquire with us for rates and availability at the time of booking.
26. Seamless paper backdrops are charged at $30 per 6 ft. If you purchase seamless paper at “One time use” and use or damage more than 6ft. you will be charged for additional use of paper. The amount of paper usage is at the sole discretion of SNAP Foto staff. The amount charged shall not exceed $180 per roll.
27. Snap Foto reserves the right to amend any part of these rules and policies.
28. It is your responsibility to make sure everyone in your party is aware of these rules and agrees to abide by them while visiting the Snap Foto Studio.
I agree that I, my next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns do hereby fully release Snap YYC Inc. from any and all liability, claims and causes of action arising from any injury, damage or loss I / my guests may sustain as a result of being at Snap Foto Club. I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Snap YYC Inc., its landlord, building owners, officers, employees, and agents harmless of and from any liabilities, costs, penalties, or expenses arising out of and/or resulting from use of the premises, including but not limited to, the personal guarantee of provision, service, and dispensing of payment. This is a complete and irrevocable release. In the event, Snap YYC Inc., its landlord, building owners, officers, employees and/or agents, are required to file any action in court in order to enforce any provisions of this agreement, I agree to pay Snap YYC Inc., its officers, landlord, building owners, employees and/or agents, all reasonable attorney fees, court fees, and costs of suit incurred by Snap YYC Inc., including all collection expenses and interest due.
Failure to abide by the above rules and regulations, or failure to follow directions of Snap Foto team members will result in you being asked to leave the facility and no refunds will be issued.
By booking sessions at Snap Foto Studio, I agree to abide by the above rules, and agree to this agreement on behalf of everyone in my party and any minors in my care. I recognize failure to abide by the above rules will result in being asked to leave Snap Foto Studio and forfeit any payments made to Snap Foto.